“stop talking about 2016 and move forward”
Only a cultist Hillbot could somehow characterise this phrase as “outrage and condemnation.”
Sam, you need to take the scales from your eyes and pick up a dictionary.
As far as the “point” of the book is concerned, you seem to be missing it. This book is all about shifting blame from Hillary Clinton onto:
- Bernie Sanders (for daring to challenge her coronation)
- The Media (for elevating Trump — just as her campaign asked them to do)
- The Democrats and DNC (for not having any money — because she had colluded with DWS to funnel it all to the Hillary Victory Fund)
- Barack Obama (for preventing her from attacking Bernie vigorously enough)
- White Women (who allowed themselves to be pressured into voting against “the girl”)
- Everyone Else (for not doing their duty by voting for her)
Her campaign has been described as historic, and indeed it was. Hillary Clinton allowed a white supremacist proto-fascist monster to ascend to the most powerful position on the planet. This fact alone must weigh heavily upon her. It is understandable that she does not want to take responsibility for the disaster for which she is definitely responsible (and only her).
But Sam, I think that you are also incorrect in another way. You say:
…beyond that, it is the final memoir of an extraordinary woman…
My God, I hope you are right, but I do not think that Hillary has given up her Presidential ambitions. I think she is trying to position herself as a candidate in 2020, and this great piece of self-exculpatory hogwash is designed to exonerate her from the opproprium and yes, condemnation that she deserves.