A clue? Please. How do you think that a 2x elected “Red State” Governor from benighted Arkansas could have succeeded as a progressive or a Liberal?
I visited Bill Clinton’s Arkansas. It was not a liberal place.
My Trip through Bill Clinton's Arkansas
In the late fall of 1990 a friend and I made a cross country trip from Connecticut to California. We decided to travel…
Bill Clinton, Al From and the DLC set out to reverse the New Deal and to essentially fulfill the Reagan Agenda
Think about it: what are the 5 things that Clinton fans and the Clintons themselves consider to be his crowning achievements?
- Passing NAFTA (because only a “Democrat” could)
- “Ending welfare as we know it” — throwing millions into poverty
- The 1994 Crime Bill with “three strikes” laws and mass incarceration of POC (“superpredators”) built in
- Deregulation of the banking industry; roll back of Glass Steagall and other New Deal regs — led directly to the 2008 crash
- Deregulation of the Telecoms Industry in 1996, leading to the rise of corporate news and the loss of net neutrality
These were all Reaganite GOP goals. The Clintons were in bed with the Koch Brothers and dozens of other nefarious corporations, and they still are.
The Clintons and their Allies, The Koch Brothers
In April 2016, Charles Koch made headlines when, during an interview with CBS, he said that he might very well support…
So you can tell your pro-Clinton story walking, bud.
And as far as AOC is concerned, it is you who need to get a clue. She won by 15 points. She has galvanized a generation to come out and vote for Democrats, but you don’t seem to care.
You seem to suffer from this “Team Democrat” mentality that says, “we don’t care about winning as ling as we protect our phony-baloney jobs.”